Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Move to Madison

It was sad to say goodbye to such a great home and town. We had a lot of help from friends and neighbors. Fortunately, our motto "Be Prepared" helped out. They came, they loaded, they ate, they cleaned and they left. In all it took about 3 hours to load our 26 foot Penske truck. It was said to have been the best packed truck ever seen. We like to say we BARELY got it all in.



I had to think of ideas to keep Quinn occupied while packing. Then I found gold. A cup of cereal. Not any cereal... sugar cereal. Quinn had never had fruit loops before; let alone his own cup. He sat on the patio for about 45 minutes eating in bliss.

Ellie started rolling just days before we left. We would often find her like this when we came in to wake her from her naps.




As the final things went in the truck, David looked at Jared and said quote "Holy cow we have a lot of stuff!"

Within hours we were 'new' homeward bound (ie Madison bound).
Pics of our new duplex hero.

in boxes.

1 comment:

McGuire's said...

I love the fruit loop picture. I can just see him loving it!