One of our favorite places to eat in Milwaukee is the Original Pancake House. I found their delicious "Dutch Baby" recipe online and was attempting German pancakes. I had already packed all my pans so I tried to make it in this cast iron skillet. I think things got a little out of control. David burned his fingers when pulling it out of the oven. Oops Dr. Myers!
ORIGINAL PANCAKE HOUSE® GERMAN PANCAKE
Another super secret recipe from the Original Pancake House. Original Pancake House® German Pancake
Menu Description: "Oven baked. Dusted with powdered sugar, severed with lemon and butter."
3 Large eggs
1/3 Cup whole milk
1/3 Cup heavy cream
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon vanilla
½ cup all -purpose flour
1 Tablespoon melted butter
GarnishPowdered sugar
Serve with
Lemon wedges
Buttermaple syrup
Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
Beat eggs with electric mixer until well mixed. Add milk, cream, sugar, salt and vanilla and mix until sugar is dissolved. Add sifted flour and mix until smooth. Let batter rest 10 minutes.
Melt butter in oven proof skillet, swirl pan to coat bottom evenly with butter. Pour batter into pan. Bake in oven for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown with dark brown around the edges.
Remove the pancake from the oven and rest for about a minute. Loosen pancake from edges of pan with a spatula. Slide pancake onto a plate.
Dust with powdered sugar and serve with lemon wedges, butter and syrup.
Makes 1 large pancake
Note: You can substitute 2/3 cup half and half for the 1/3 cup heavy cream and 1/3 cup whole milk, but I found that using the cream and milk separately makes for a fluffier texture.
"Paging Dr. Myers". Davids' Derm department photo.
We have spoiled Quinn with all our traveling. He now knows how to take advantage of "relaxing" in a hotel room (note the remote control in his right hand). Our trip to a CME conference in St Paul. Minnesota. We also got to visit the Mall of America. It was a great trip.

3 comments:
I'll have to try out that recipe it looks delicious! You really do have the cutest kids!
Congrats to Dr. Dave! And I cannot wait to try the pancakes...
linda as fotos de vocês!!!Parabéns!!
Vou tentar fazer essa panqueca aqui...hehehe parece estar Deliciosa!!!
abraços
Post a Comment