Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wisconsin Winter and Christmas in Utah


There are stories a plenty left untold. Here's one to share.
Quinn and his friend Jackson were playing in the bedroom... or that is what we thought. After hearing the toilet flush, I ran to the bathroom to investigate. The door was locked. Here we were... four parents using our combined talents to coerce a five and a two year old to open the door. Good luck. I went searching for tools to open the door. Finally, Jackson opened it.

They had squeezed out each bottle of baby-bath, hand soap, hand sanitizer, and baby lotion into the bath tub/toilet/sink - and were happily washing their hands. I then noticed an ominous sign. A bath toy bobbing in the toilet. I fished it out and flushed the toilet. It drained way to slowly.

A plumber costs about $125. Supplies cost $6.50. David said I should call the plumber and not waist my time. You can guess which route I took... I hope you guessed the $6.50. While the kids were napping, and with my dad on speaker phone, I put my many hours of watching home improvement reality shows to the test. I managed to get the toilet off, the toys unstuck and the toilet back on in 2 1/2 hours. After haveing done it once, I could do it again in an hour... lets hope I don't.

The toilet works great. The kids are now locked out of the bathroom except for bath time. We may consider potty breaks in the future.



Puzzles and puzzles! A great passion of the Myers clan. Daddy and the kids on a 'plasma' car.


Monster-cicle.


After running laps around the table (1) he was done with size 9's. What matters is that he gave a valiant effort.


Two little peas in a pod.


Daddy and Quinn sledding in the Heber over Christmas break.


Dad and Mom sledding with Garrett, Mike, Kevin & Ken. It is fun being a big kid on big toys (route to Daniels Summit).

Who are they... we don't know.

Quinn w/ guitar on Christmas.


It's Christmas.


Bottoms up Ellie!


It is so nice to have a pal. Quinn and Abbie plant cereal in Grandma's pantry.


Quinn's goose egg looks painful (someone forgot to tell him).
Daddy & Quinn in the hot tub


We went to lunch with Grandma and Grandpa. When they brought out the menu, Quinn put on Grandmas glasses.


There are not many things to do out side in Wisconsin during the winter. So, we frequent the local pet store. I think Ellies' favorite are the ferrets. Quinns' would be one of everything.

2 comments:

McGuire's said...

I think I would have called the plumber. Good job to do it! You deserve to spend that 125 on yourself bc that sounds like a nasty job. Pretty funny story though! Good thing Halle and Quinn were not twins, bc that would be a busy mom.

Sara Borg said...

Loved this update!! Keep em coming!